- Is based on a cycle of observation, analysis & planning to promote children’s interests, learning & development.
- Is guided by the National Quality Standards (NQS), the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) and the Victorian Early Years Learning & Development Framework (VEYLDF).
Yara Childcare Centres runs an accredited 4 year old kindergarten program.
Our kindergarten programs are run by a fully qualified and experienced Kindergarten Teacher within the long day care hours. As part of the kindergarten program, children are exposed to many learning experiences planned by the teacher. Each program is unique, driven by centres philosophy and the child’s interests.
Features of the school readiness include:
- 'Ginger' our Kinder buddy is an activity that connects what the children are learning at Kinder and extending that to their home
- Show and Tell is embedded in the program. Children will have the opportunity to bring something from their family, from nature, something they have made, a book or music to share with their Kinder group.
- Children are encouraged to bring their own drink bottle of water to use and take responsibility of throughout the day
- Children have the opportunity to bring their school bags in Term 4(voluntary).
- In Term 4, a lunch-box program will occur. Children will be asked to bring in lunch box on certain days. This enables the children to practise a lunch routine similar to school whilst being supported by our Educators.